Online Mobile Banking
1. The effect that I visit the new mobile banking system (color version) with my mobile phone is very poor. How can I shift to the simplified version?
Answer: At present, most mobile phones/mobile browsers can support the mobile banking (color version), but some old mobile phones do not support it. In that case, you may click the "simple version" on the color version to shift to the simple version of mobile banking.
2. Why does the mobile banking system still remain at the color version after I click the "simple version"?
If you use the default browsers of Android and iPhone, the simple version will not be accessible because the self-contained browsers of Android and iPhone cannot support visiting the simple version of mobile banking.
If you use a UCweb browser, please set the browser symbol for UCweb as none by the following steps "setup" – "system setup" – "browser setup" – "browser symbol (UA)".
3. Is it required to log on the system as a "China Mobile/China Unicom/China Telecom" user to handle such services as transfer and remittance, fees payment and cash advance?
Answer: Not always. If your mobile phone supports multiple tasks and allow reading SMS and operating the mobile banking system at the same time, we recommend you to adopt the regular logon to handle such businesses as transfer and fees payment via SMS Guard.
4. Now that the high-risk businesses such as transfer and fees payment can also be handled through regular logon, why the logon channels for "China Mobile User", "China Unicom User" or "China Telecom User" are retained?
Answer: (1) Upon the regular logon, the mobile phone number cannot be obtained, nor can the logon name or card number be shown according to the mobile phone number.(2) Some old mobile phones cannot support multiple tasks and do not allow reading SMS and operating the mobile banking system at the same time. Users of such mobile phones are recommended to handle such businesses as transfer and fees payment via logon by operator.
5. Sometimes, it is required to enter the verification code for checking when I handle businesses, but sometimes not. Why?
Answer: for the initial verification of logon name and card number, it is not required to enter the verification code for checking;
If there are any error occurs in the information filled in upon the initial verification of logon name and card number, the verification code is required for checking upon the next verification.
6. Is it required to enter the certificate number when I log on the system with my logon name?
Answer: It is not required to enter the certificate number when you log on the mobile banking system with your logon name, but it is required when you log on the system with your wealth management card or credit card number.TOP