The Third-party Depository is an initiative carried out throughout the securities industry to reform the management system of client's transaction settlement fund in response to the requirements of the Securities Law. With the Third-party Depository, securities companies entrust the transaction settlement funds of investors to a deposit bank for independent account management. The deposit bank is responsible for providing deposit and withdrawal services for investors' funds as well as fund transfer between the bank and securities company.
The Third-party Depository works on the basis of closed and centralized fund transfer, an enquiry channel between the bank and securities company as well as bank supervision mechanisms, thus ensuring the security of client's funds.
* Article 139 of the Securities Law: The trading settlement funds of the clients of a securities compan y shall be deposited in a commercial bank and be managed through independent accounts as opened in the name of each client.
The bank provides investors with a two-way transfer service for the funds of securities deposit account, and an account and trading and settlement details inquiry service for the balance of deposits, so as to ensure the fund security of all investors' security deposit accounts.
Fund Deposit with Reliable Security
Fund security is “double guaranteed” by both IB and the securities company. In addition, investors may check the status of their securities fund through the Industrial Bank's system to further ensure fund security.
*If an investor discovers discrepancies in the balance of the management account and that of the for the securities funds account, the cause may be that the investor has made a securities transaction on that day and the balance of the securities funds account has changed . He or she again should check the balance after the day-end settlement (the next trading date).
Convenient & Efficient Fund Transfer
Individual investors may transfer funds between the bank and security company in a number of ways, including branches, telephone banking and online banking of the Industrial Bank or the branches, online service and telephone service of securities companies. Institutional investors may transfer funds between the bank and security company through IB's branches and online banking.
Supporting services including credit bonus, financing, personal foreign exchange trading and VIP services are also available. What's more, the Third-party Depository Affinity Card (a card that integrates services from IB and your securities company) will further entitle you to our VIP services.
★ How to apply for the third-party depository service?
Simply go to any IB branch and fill out an Application Form for the Third-party Depository Service. Valid proof of identity (original and photocopy) and securities fund card required.
1. Active clients (who have already opened a securities fund account): sign a deposit agreement directly at the counter and go through procedures to designate IB as the deposit bank.
2. New clients: open a securities fund account and go through pre-designation procedure with the securities company and then take the deposit agreement to an IB branch to confirm designation over the counter.
* Active clients holding an IB Wealth Management Card may directly sign the deposit agreement and go through deposit bank designation procedures with the securities company.
* The procedures above may vary with different securities companies.
Institutional investors must first go through pre-designation procedures with the securities company and then bring the deposit agreement and securities fund card to an IB branch to confirm designation by filling out the Application Form for the Third-party Depository Service and submitting the required paperwork. Please consult your customer service manager for details.
★ How to transferring funds under the third-party depository and checking fund status?
Securities Company – transfer and check over the counter or through online service and telephone service
* For institutional investors, “Securities-bank transfer” is available with some securities companies but “Bank-securities transfer” is not available.
Industrial Bank – transfer and check on the counter or through online banking and telephone banking
1. Over Counter
Available after filling out Application Form for the Third-party Depository Service.
2. Through Online Banking ( http://www.cib.com.cn )
Log onto personal online banking and select “Wealth Management”–“Bank-securities service”–“Common depository”for service.
3. Through Telephone Banking (95561)
4. Through Mobile Banking
Mobile banking (http://3g.cib.com.cn (3G version) or http://wap.cib.com.cn (common version)) – via the internet service on your mobile phone, log on to the mobile banking system, select “bank-securities service”, then select “bank-to-securities”, “securities-to-bank”, “securities funds inquiry” or “today's depository transaction details”, and operate according to the suggestions. Clients can also select “mobile stock market” at the “mobile market” on the mobile banking homepage to view the market situation and transact entrust real-time stock trading.
★ Service hours
The service hours of third-party depository are from 8:30 to 16:00 on each trading day ( specific trading times depend on the opening time of each brokerage's system), and third-party depository will not be handled on national festivals and holidays as well we during the closing time of the stock exchange.
* For an individual investor, after you sign the third-party depository agreement successfully, the bank will automatically activate the telephone banking, internet banking and mobile banking channels, you are not required to activate them separately. IB's third-party depository system for securities funds only supports IB cards, not deposit books. If you need to change your relevant information, please go through the corresponding formalities over the counter at a business outlet of the securities company; but if you intend to change important information such as the name a fund account, identity certificate type or number, please go to an IB outlet to go through the formalities for updating the information of the corresponding bank account.
* Securities companies opening third-party depository with IB: IB has established third-party depository with most securities companies (you may inquire about the specific securities companies providing the service with a member of staff over the counter at the bank or via telephone banking). The bank will continue to establish this business with other securities companies so as to provide you with more choices.TOP