Security Notice for Internet Banking
I. Properly manage your account number, password and NetShield
1. Keep your account number, password and internet banking NetShield in proper custody. Don't
trust any behaviors for fraudulently acquiring account number, NetShield and password, nor easily
disclose your certificate number, account number and password to any others. Under no circumstance
will IB require you to actively provide password or internet banking NetShield by way of email,
regular mail, telephone or SMS.
2. Your password should be a combination of digits and English letters in both uppercase and
lower case. To enhance the password protection, no content that can be guessed out easily, such as
birth date, name, and address, shall be used as password.
3. If your NetShield password has been revealed, please go through the reissuance or
replacement procedures as soon as possible.
II. Check the website address
1. Check and make sure you're accessing our website
http://www.cib.com.cn. Do not access our website via a link
from another website.
2. When making online purchase, please pay via a normal and reputable online merchant. When
making an online payment, check and make sure that the website address appearing in the browser's
address field on the page for entering your card number and password is our website.
III. Make sure your computer system is secure
1. Download and install the internet banking, mobile banking security control and client
software from the official website of our Bank.
2. Set the logon password of Windows, and please open the self-contained firewall of the
system and close the remote logon function if the system is above Windows XP.
3. Download and install the latest security patches for the operating system and browser on
a regular basis.
4. Install the anti-virus software and firewall software, and update them in a timely
5. If you will not be using your computer for an extended period of time, disconnect the
computer network or shut down the computer.
IV. Enhance security awareness
1. Use a digital certificate accredited by national authorities (e.g. CFCA). We recommend
you to activate the functions of “NetShield” and SMS Guard simultaneously, and improve the
rating of security protection by combining various security measures.
2. Upon activation of the SMS Guard, ensure that the mobile phone number to receive SMS is
your own without fail. To activate the SMS Guard with a mobile phone number of another person may
lead some lawless persons to conduct fraud through illegal transfer.
3. Don't believe in information received via messages to your mobile phone, or learned via
telephone and website other than that of IB about award and loan, and please call the nationwide
customer service hotline of IB 95561 in case of any problem to make confirmation.
4. Don't believe in any telephone defraudation to require transferring of your money in the name
of “security account” by false public security officer, police officer, court officer, law officer,
5. Avoid accessing the online bank in a public place or on a computer other than yours. After
exiting the online banking or when leaving your computer unattended temporarily, be sure to unplug
the NetShield, and never leave it on the computer.
6. It is recommended not to browse any other website when operating on the online bank system.
Because the malicious codes from other website may s natch information on your computer.
7. It is recommended to set reasonable transaction limits for different electronic payment
methods. Please check the transaction contents upon each transaction and operate after confirming
that there is no error. Don't leave the transaction terminal in the midway when the transaction is
not completed and click to exit after finishing the transaction.
8. Examine and check the records of internet banking transactions on a regular basis. Such
message reminders as for bank logon, change in balance and change in account setting can be
received in a timely manner by prescribing customized message reminding services and mailing
services of account statements of IB.
V. Online Banking Security Package (more stars indicate higher security level)
We recommend that you select the most secure combination!
Combination of security tools
|NetShield + SMS Guard
|Document Certificate + SMS Guard
Security tips for mobile banking:
1. The mobile banking interacts with the Bank instantly through closed mobile communication
network and transmits data in an encrypted way (adopting SSL encryption algorithm of the standard
of the banking industry). Over ten security measures are available to ensure the security of
transactions and funds.
2. The function of transfer and remittance via mobile banking must be bundled with the
contracted mobile phone number.
3. Please take appropriate sheltering measures when using the mobile banking to avoid others
from pee ping.
4. Avoid handling the mobile banking businesses with the mobile phone number of other