Introduction Features Target Client Service Channels Guide
Education savings is a savings product that encourages urban and rural residents to accumulate funds for their children's non-compulsory education
(full-time senior high school, junior college and secondary vocational school, bachelor's degree, postgraduate education for master and doctorate) and facilitates education development.
1. Designed for specific depositors: it targets specially at parents of students who are attending non-compulsory education or students themselves.
2. Cap control: the balance of education savings shall not exceed 20,000 Yuan.
3. Preferential interest: when withdraw premature or upon maturity, interest will be calculated at the interest rate for the corresponding term of fixed deposit and is exempted from interest tax.
4. Universal deposit and withdrawal: clients can re-deposit and cancel account in any local and non-local outlet of our bank for education savings that can be withdrawn upon password.
It is designed for clients who need to pay for their children's non-compulsory education.
1. Open account: our business outlets
2. Re-deposit and withdrawal: our counters
3. Inquiry: our counters, Internet banking, telephone banking and mobile banking
1. Currency and minimum amount for deposit
2. Deposit term and interest
The term can be one year, three years and five years. For education savings of one year and three years, interest shall be calculated at the interest rate for the corresponding term of fixed deposit on the account opening day. For education savings of six years, interest shall be calculated at the interest rate for five years of fixed deposit on the account opening day.
3. Universal saving and withdrawal
For education savings that can be withdrawn upon password, clients can re-deposit and cancel account in any local and non-local outlet of our bank; for education savings that can be withdrawn upon other methods, it shall be handled at the original account opening outlet.
4. Re-deposit rules
Education savings can be re-deposited at any day of each month; in case of missing, the funds should be supplemented in the next month; the amount re-deposited should be equal to the amount deposited at account opening. Funds can be supplemented and pre-deposited once each during deposit term, and supplementing and pre-deposit across two months is not supported. When clients handle re-deposit, the system will conduct in the sequence of "supplement first, re-deposit later" or "re-deposit first, pre-saving later".
5. Account cancellation
Education savings can be withdrawn in full in advance or upon maturity. To enjoy preferential interest rate, clients will have to present student identity proof of non-compulsory education issued by education providers.
You can apply for a wealth management card or certificate of fixed deposit of recurring deposit (note: education saving) at any of our outlets with your valid ID documents and agent's valid ID documents, if applicable.