(IV) Compliant A cceptance of Card with Business Express POS
1. The following inspections must be made before card swiping:
(1) Check the intactness of card: The patterns printed on both the front and back of the bank card should be clear, complete and free of alteration and damage. If any of the following signs is discovered on a card, such as bore, cut corner, damage or alteration to the relief numbers on card surface, the card cannot be accepted;
(2) Check the number of card: The card number on the surface of a credit card is relief-stamped, and different types of cards have different card number prefixes. The relief card number on the surface should have three or four groups of figures distributed evenly and levelly. If there's a 4-digit flat-printed figure above or below the first four digits of the card number, it should be in accordance with the first four digits of the card number. If there's any discrepancy or any sign of alteration, please refuse to accept the card immediately;
(3) Check the valid term on the card surface: A credit card within the valid term can be accepted, but an expired one cannot be accepted;
(4) Check the anti-counterfeiting labels (including trademark, laser anti-counterfeiting mark and anti-counterfeiting signature pad): The pattern of laser anti-counterfeit ing mark should be consistent with the card type of the corresponding trademark, and the shading of the signature pad on the back should be consistent with the card type of the corresponding trademark. In case of any irregular situation, please refuse to accept the card immediately;
(5) Identification of cardholder: Check the ID card or photo card against the appearance of the cardholder, and check the gender of the cardholder against ID card and against MS or MR relief-stamped on the bank card. In case of any discrepancy, please refuse to accept the card;
(6) Check the signature pad on the back of the card: There should not be any obvious signs of alteration or coverage on the signature pad on the back of the card, nor should there be words such as “sample card”, “test card”, “special card” or “VOID” (invalid card) in English. In case of any irregular situation, please refuse to accept the card immediately;
(7) Check the signature on the back of the card: If the signature on the back is in Chinese, the name should be consistent with the Chinese spelling of the cardholder printed in relief on the surface of the card; if the signature on the back is in English, the name should be consistent with the English name printed in relief on the surface of the card. In case of any discrepancy, please refuse to accept the card immediately.
2. Contents requiring inspection during the process of card swiping
(1) The number displayed on the POS screen must be identical to the number of the bank card accepted;
(2) A ttention is required that when entering the amount, the minimum unit is “fen” (0.01 yuan );
(3) The personal signature of the cardholder on the purchase slip must be consistent with the one reserved on the signature pad on the back of the credit card.
During the whole process, please refuse to swipe any card in case of any of the above circumstances, and contact IB in the precondition of ensuring your own security.