SMS Guard is a mode of transaction verification that involves the use of a verification SMS when making externally bound payments over personal internet banking system of IB. When this function has been activated, you will be required to enter a unique authentication code sent to your contracted mobile phone by the IB in addition to entering your account password while making internet transfer, internet payment, online shopping payment, etc., thus realizing the dual-channel security protection and ensuring the security of online transaction. SMS Guard is required for online shopping payment.
SMS Guard of online transactions allows for dual authentication, i.e with your password and your mobile phone. This enhances the security of online banking authentication.
Wealth Management Card
1. As for a customer who has applied for personal internet banking NetShield of IB
Please use the NetShield to activate the SMS Guard function by yourself in the process “Service Management–“Security Guard”--“SMS Guard”.
2. As for a customer who has not applied for personal internet banking NetShield of IB
You cannot activate the SMS Guard function by yourself, and you should apply for the function to any outlet of IB.
3. To log on t o the personal internet banking system to apply for an IB e-card, you must activate the SMS Guard function at the same time. If you apply for an IB e-card with a credit card, the SMS Guard function will be activated automatically, and the bundled mobile phone number is the one of the credit card holder's that you have written in the application form for credit card.
The SMS Guard function is activated by default by the system. The bound mobile phone number is the credit card holder's phone number that was filled in the credit card application form.
Currently, no fees are charged for SMS Guard.
1. The external payment indicated in the SMS password includes transfer and remittance, payment, online payment, and mobile payment, etc.
2. You may inquire about, activate and close the SMS password function with digital certificate for internet banking, but you can only inquire about the function without digital certificate for internet banking.
3. Upon activating the SMS password function by yourself, IB will send a one-off SMS verification code to your signed mobile phone in order to complete the self-service activation process.
4. Upon closing the SMS password function by yourself, IB will send a one-off SMS verification code to your previously signed mobile phone number in order to complete the closing process.
Please click to see the security notice on the operation of internet banking of IB.TOP